Leading the digital transformation of the forest sector to begin harnessing the power of rapidly improving technologies.
Since its inception, NHRI has always strived towards a research model to effectively provide tangible benefits to the forest sector. This requires relevance feasibility and timeliness.
Research must focus on problem-solving, be undertaken by mixed and flexible team.
Current Research Initiatives
- Maintaining high quality sugar maple stands through adaptive management.
- Intermediate treatments
- Improvements and implementation of NHRI’s Silviculture Prescription System
- Regeneration success
- Growth and yield prediction
- Adaptive silviculture implementation
- Tactical Silviculture Planner
- HQHP (High Quality Hardwood Potential) Mapping
- Treatment Simulator
- Strategic Forest Management
Digitalization of Value Chain
- Precision Forest Inventories
- Digital Timberlands 20/20
- Precision Harvest Treatment Tool